Job Description of
Christian Education Director
- Working with Pastor to set goals, determine priorities, establish programs,
- Assist with coordinating calendar.
- Oversee implementation of Children Youth Activities
- Providing leadership to the educational ministry of the church.
- Identify gifts of leaders and promote their involvement in Sunday School and Youth activities.
- Work cooperatively with the Pastor and Director of Children’s Messages
- Confirming class instruction
- Develop Sunday school curriculum in conjunction with the Director of Sunday School
- Empower parental involvement faith development of their children.
- Order supplies
- Recruit teachers and assistants for Sunday school
- Follow Safe Sanctuary policies
- Participate in regularly scheduled Church Staff meetings
- Coordinate Board of Christian Education Meetings
- Keep current the latest trends, methods, and materials as relates to education
- Develop and provide leadership for adult education programs
- Write and submit regular reports as needed
- Other duties and activities as required, including special programs
There are few professions on earth that wholly impact society. Educating God’s people in the Christian faith is one of those professions. The opportunity is there to change lives, bring hope to the hopeless, and reflect the light of Christ to the world. The Director of Christian Education is an important tool in this Ministry.
The purpose of the Director of Christian Education Program is to equip leaders for ministry who are passionate about the Gospel, God’s People and Christ’s Church.
To serve effectively in a congregational setting
In the following roles:
- Ministry Leader: Heart for full-time service in the church
- Christian Educator: Strong theological base to teach the Bible
- Willing to listen to and care for the needs of others
- Life Coach: Compassion for people of all ages and backgrounds
Important Values of a DCE*
- Exhibits Christian character
- Displays a Spiritually maturing faith
- Grounded in the Scriptures,
- Statement of Faith/The Articles of Faith
- Relates well with people of all ages
- Expresses passion for teaching and learning
- Possesses a servant heart
- Manages personal and professional life effectively
- Seeks to work in team relationships
- Strives for excellence
- Operates in a self-directed manner
- Encourages and equips future leaders
*Director of Christian Education